What MAKES THESE POTATOES DIFFERENT?
Every year, we search worldwide for new varieties of potatoes that can be added to our trials for the North American market.
Goldenheart potatoes are a new variety of potato with a red skin on the outside and a golden flesh on the inside. We have been growing potatoes for over 50 years and in our opinion, these are the best tasting potatoes we have ever grown. The unique flavour will elevate any meal to a culinary experience!
Herbed Potato Gratin
Finely Diced Garlic- 4 Cloves
Chopped White Onion- 2 each
Heavy Cream- 4 Cups
Grainy Mustard- 4 Tbsp
Herb de Provence- 1 Tbsp
Salt- 2 Tbsp
Pepper- 1 tsp
1/4in Bacon- 8 slices
Brenn Potatoes- 10 lbs
Flour- 1 Cup
Grated Gruyere- 12oz
Chopped Hazel Nuts- 1 Cup
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil a 9" x 13" casserole dish and set aside.
2. In a medium pot, heat oil, add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Whisk in cream, mustard, herbes de Provence, 1 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper, and cook 5 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just crisp, 8 to 10
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate, then pour the remaining fat in the skillet
into the cream mixture, whisking to combine. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl, use your hands to toss together potatoes, flour and remaining 1 1/2 tsp. salt until coated.
7. Fold in reserved cream mixture and 1 cup Gruyère.
8. Transfer to prepared dish, arranging potatoes in flat layers and pressing down gently to fit.
9. Lightly oil a large piece of foil and use it to snugly cover dish.
10. Arrange dish on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet to catch any drips and bake until just tender when pierced
in the center with a paring knife, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
11. Uncover; sprinkle with hazelnuts, reserved bacon and remaining 1/2 cup Gruyère; and bake until cheese is
golden and bubbly and liquid has thickened, about 30 minutes.
12. Let rest at least 15 minutes before serving.
Shared from my Recipe Keeper - the easy way to collect, organize and share your recipes on your mobile, tablet and PC.
Download for free today at https://recipekeeperonline.com