What MAKES THESE POTATOES DIFFERENT?
Goldenheart potatoes are a new variety of potato with a red skin on the outside and a golden flesh on the inside.
Herbed Potato Gratin
Finely Diced Garlic- 4 Cloves
Chopped White Onion- 2 each
Heavy Cream- 4 Cups
Grainy Mustard- 4 Tbsp
Herb de Provence- 1 Tbsp
Salt- 2 Tbsp
Pepper- 1 tsp
1/4in Bacon- 8 slices
Brenn Potatoes- 10 lbs
Flour- 1 Cup
Grated Gruyere- 12oz
Chopped Hazel Nuts- 1 Cup
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil a 9" x 13" casserole dish and set aside.
2. In a medium pot, heat oil, add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Whisk in cream, mustard, herbes de Provence, 1 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper, and cook 5 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just crisp, 8 to 10
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate, then pour the remaining fat in the skillet
into the cream mixture, whisking to combine. Set aside.
6. In a large bowl, use your hands to toss together potatoes, flour and remaining 1 1/2 tsp. salt until coated.
7. Fold in reserved cream mixture and 1 cup Gruyère.
8. Transfer to prepared dish, arranging potatoes in flat layers and pressing down gently to fit.
9. Lightly oil a large piece of foil and use it to snugly cover dish.
10. Arrange dish on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet to catch any drips and bake until just tender when pierced
in the center with a paring knife, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
11. Uncover; sprinkle with hazelnuts, reserved bacon and remaining 1/2 cup Gruyère; and bake until cheese is
golden and bubbly and liquid has thickened, about 30 minutes.
12. Let rest at least 15 minutes before serving.
Shared from my Recipe Keeper - the easy way to collect, organize and share your recipes on your mobile, tablet and PC.
Download for free today at https://recipekeeperonline.com